Texas Longhorns Thoughts
- I think most fans have moved on from this season. The emails and twitter messages I get are great but many are waiting for December to roll around. Many Longhorn fans want to see if Deloss Dodds and others in the Longhorn administration will buy him out, suggest that he go into retirement or stick with the status quo.
- Putting the Kansas game in the rear view mirror, this Texas Tech game is very winnable for the Longhorns. Tech’s defense might be better but it’s not unbeatable. This will have to be a close game. By the way, quit deferring to the second half. If you win the toss, take the ball because the Longhorns defense can’t stop anyone.
National Football League thoughts
- The Bears got lucky beating the Panthers. I mean, another heart breaking loss for the Panthers but the Bears couldn’t get anything going on offense yet the defense is creating opportunities for this team. Good things are happening at Soldier Field.
- The Cowboys snatch defeat from the jaws of victory once again. I got so excited about the catch Dez Bryant made but of course, it doesn’t count. The Cowboys will rip you heart out if you let them.
- The Rams got blown out. Not a shock against the Patriots.
Major League Baseball Thoughts
Well, the Giants got hot at the right time. Seven game winning streak to close out a 2nd World Series in 3 years. Now, the National League has won the World Series 4 out of the last 5 years. So much for that American League dominance.
National Basketball Association thoughts
- Ray Allen is still a beast. If the Heat play like they did on Tuesday, no one will stop them from winning another title.
- The Lakers will take some time to get the chemistry going so I am not shocked they looked flat in their first game of the season.