– Jordan Hicks is out for the Iowa State game. Have to consider saving him for a medical redshirt.
– Improvement is needed in Kickoff and Punt Coverage. Especially when they had the excessive celebration penalty on the touchdown and they had poor kickoff coverage.
– Outrushed Tech in the game. 121-7 in games when they out rush the opponent.
– Jonathan Gray with 100 yards rushing in back to back games. Very elite company he is in according to Mack.
– Run defense was great according to Mack and that was needed to win the game according to the coach.
– In the redzone, held Texas Tech to 2 touchdowns.
– No turnovers created on defense, need to get more of those according to Mack because Texas got lucky that the offense didn’t turn the ball over.
– Alex Okafor is 15th in the Country with 8 sacks.
– Iowa State has a great defensive team and they play better against Oklahoma than Texas did. Mack at least acknowledges that. Iowa State is a tough team that will make you earn the victory.
– The best thing the defense has done is stop the runs and the screens.
– Said that Jake Knott missing time is not a huge loss for the Cyclones because they have a backup that is making plays. Says Jake Knott will be in the NFL.
– Said that Iowa State is a different team from 2010 and so are the Longhorns.
– They are looking forward to who they might play in a bowl game but he is focused on the task at hand which is Iowa State.
– 11am games provide the fewest challenges. You just have to get up and get ready for the game.
– He will be voting tomorrow. It’s his civic duty he said. Good to hear that from the young generation.
- He had a lot of confidence this past weekend, something he didn’t have most of the season.
– Thinks Mike Davis is playing very well and is a definite boost to the team.
– Says that everyone is a morning person on this team and they have played two 11am games so they will be ready for this game. Considering 1 was a huge blowout and the other a less than impressive performance against Kansas, that is an issue for this team.