– As bad as Case McCoy was in the first half, and quite frankly he was below average for the entire game, Texas had a chance to win this game. I just want to put that out there.
– Now, let’s go over the bad that happened in this game. Texas had three turnovers on their own side of the 50 yard line. Those turnovers led to 21 points. If you’re looking for any reason for how it got so out of control for the Texas Longhorns, that would be it.
– The student section chanted “we own Texas” and they are right. Five in a row and 8-2 in the Big 12 shows you that hard work can beat talent when talent fails to work hard.
– Texas had nine different players run the ball and only got 99 yards rushing out of that. Texas is nowhere near a power rushing team and for Coach Harsin to keep acting like Texas is a power rushing team is hurting this team.
– At this point, 8-4 is a disappointment. I don’t know how Mack Brown can sell progress to the big boosters of Texas when you go 8-4 and you’re likely facing the Cotton Bowl with either LSU or Georgia as your opponent. They better hope that they don’t play Texas A&M either, because Mack Brown will be out of a job if he loses that game.