– I will give Rick Barnes credit for a great gameplan. He knew what UCLA’s weaknesses were and for the majority of the game exploited those weaknesses.
– Now a coach can have a great gameplan, but if the players don’t execute, then it doesn’t matter. 3 missed layups, 7 missed free throws and 18 missed 3 point field goal attempts. There was a reason they kept leaving you wide open at the 3 point line, you aren’t any threat to actually making that shot. That number should never go over 12 3 point field goal attempts per game, let alone 20. 7 missed free throws? C’mon man. And you choke on 3 easy layups. That’s 6 points that would have won the game for the Longhorns.
– Cameron Ridley had a big game. 14 points for the Big man.
– Javan Felix also had a more productive game but turnovers at the end really cost this team.
– Rick Barnes, why did you leave Cameron Ridley on the bench for the final 3:53 of the game? That just blew my mind that the player who has played the best out of all the players on your roster and you decide “I’m not gonna play him.” This gets the Jackie Chan Meme.
– At the end of the day, this was a game that the Longhorns should have won. They didn’t. Now you look at the final 4 non-conference games with two of them being against North Carolina and at Michigan State. If Texas loses both of those games, it would have to go at least 11-7 in the Big 12 to even think about an NCAA tournament bid. This was a devastating loss that puts the Longhorns in an even worse position to get back to the NCAA tournament.