– Okay quick question, did anyone think the Longhorns would win this game when the 3rd quarter ended? If you did, you weren’t the fans I interacted with all night on Twitter. In the immediate aftermath of this game, I am not sure how big of a win this was. I think it’s a huge win just to give Longhorn fans hope that this can get turned around.
– Even though they got the win, that still doesn’t excuse the first 3 quarters. The Longhorns couldn’t move the ball in the first three quarters and they kept shooting themselves in the foot with a ton of penalties and runs up the middle that went nowhere.
– Most of the playmaking in this game was done by seniors but towards the end of the game, other players started to make plays which was very encouraging.
– I love Peter Jinkens. In a non sexual way of course. He just plays so hard and that is going to be something that will be needed on this defense next season.
– Can the defense please stop a screen? I mean draw plays and screens were just there all game long for the Oregon State Beavers. They planned on Manny Diaz bringing the blitz.
– Alex Okafor had himself a game. He was a beast, he will be sorely missed.
– Applewhite should get a lot of credit for playing Marquis Goodwin and DJ Monroe more often and while DJ Monroe couldn’t get going, Marquis Goodwin had his best game as a Texas Longhorn.
– I didn’t like the fake punt call, but it didn’t negatively affect the game.
– David Ash. I have been tough on him about his toughness and his ability to get over a bad start. His play decided this game. From the rushing touchdown in the 3rd Quarter to the two touchdown passes in the 4th Quarter, he made plays. This was what Mack Brown and all Longhorn fans were looking for. He stepped up and made the plays needed to win the game.
– Jaxon Shipley didn’t get a touchdown but his performance helped this team win. 8 catches for 88 yards is a very good performance.
– The Texas Defense held Oregon State to -4 total yards in the 4th Quarter. Yeah that happened.
– This was an important win. The Longhorns fought hard to come back and got a win against a very good opponent. Oregon State is no slouch and they control a lot of this game but the Longhorns found a way to win the Alamo Bowl and get some positive momentum towards the 2013 season. Now the long, LONG offseason begins. We’ll see you in the spring Texas Longhorn football.