– In a game the Longhorns controlled, they found a way to lose 57-53 to the West Virginia Mountaineers. IN OVERTIME.
– I don’t know where to begin, wait yes I do. Free Throws. 44% from the charity strike. That’s unacceptable. If they made 80% of their free throws, they would of had an 8 point win. That’s unacceptable.
– Jonathan Holmes, my hats off to you. Made a tough shot to tie the game at 50 and send it into overtime and lead the team with 12 points. You gave an awesome effort and you should be commended for that.
– Shot selection wasn’t that bad but the execution was. A few shots at the rim were missed but they were good shots to take. But when you are missing those shots, you have to find other ways to score. Couldn’t do it at the free throw line or from 3 point range. Can’t win those games.
– At the end of the day, West Virginia kept it close enough that it didn’t need to make all it’s threes, but made enough. That’s on Texas for not closing out the game when it needed to.
– Now the Longhorns are 0-2 in the Big 12 and head to Ames, Iowa to face an Iowa State Cyclones team that is tough to beat in Hilton Coliseum and that team just lost a tough game to the Kansas Jayhawks in Lawrence. This team isn’t going to the NCAA tournament unless it wins the Big 12 Tournament in Kansas City. I hate to admit that but it’s true. This loss was a true backbreaker and it doesn’t look like a NCAA tournament team.