As finals begin and the 2012-2013 academic year comes to an end, recruiting is about to take off. It’s time to bring back The Stampede and let you what’s going on in the world of Texas football recruiting.
Current commitments wavering?
– With Daniel Gresham decommiting from Texas, the question every Longhorn fan is asking is is there any other Texas Longhorns commitments wavering on their commitment. As of now, no commitment has publicly stated that they are wavering on their commitment. I have heard rumors that depending on the season that Texas has, a few might be looking around. My best bet would be Otaro Alaka since LSU is still in pursuit of Otaro and from reports from multiple websites, he is still listening. But I would put it at 70-30 that he stays committed and doesn’t visit LSU.
According to Hookem.com, the Texas Longhorns extended offers to 5 prospects in the past 9 days. Those offers went to:
– Dallas Skyline Defensive End Victor Evans
– Texarkana Wide Receiver Davion Hall
– Lufkin Wide Receiver Keke Coutee (Class of 2015)
– Euless (Trinity) offensive guard Patrick Vahe (Class of 2015)
– Oakley (CA) running back Joe Mixon
Out of all these prospects, I expect Victor Evans to be the one that commits to the Longhorns. Joe Mixon might be a possibility and he would be a great addition, but it looks from the outside that the USC Trojans are the team to beat.
Is Texas Sione Teuhema’s favorite?
According to Hook’em.com, Keller (TX) Sione Teuhema has Texas listed as the favorite for his commitment. He is listed as a 3 star player on multiple recruiting services. He has offers from Oregon State, LSU, TCU, Oklahoma State, and Oklahoma.