There’s a big decision date upcoming this week for the 2020 Texas football recruiting class involving three-star Prosper OT Jake Majors.
A key decision date is now set for a target of the 2020 Texas football recruiting class to add to a positional need. This 2020 Texas football recruiting class has the opportunity to add to the offensive line early in this recruiting cycle. That 2020 Texas football recruiting target set to decide soon is the Prosper High School offensive tackle Jake Majors.
On Jan. 21, the Prosper, TX, native offensive lineman announced via his Twitter timeline that his decision date is set for Thursday, Jan. 24. This will be yet another pivotal week for Texas football recruiting, this time for the 2020 class. The focus for the past few months has pretty much solely fallen on the 2019 Texas football recruiting class.
This set of finalists for Majors is a much larger list of schools than most commitment decisions you’ll see. In the picture he posted with his Twitter post for his commitment decision, there were 17 schools featured. That includes pretty much every program that offered him within the past year.
Some of the more significant suitors for Majors that have a real shot at landing his commitment include the Stanford Cardinal, Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma State Cowboys, and Arkansas Razorbacks. It’s difficult to narrow down three or four schools that Majors will ultimately choose from, but the Horns seem to be right in the thick of the mix for his commitment.
According to the 247Sports Crystal Ball Predictions, Majors has an 80 percent chance at committing to the 2020 Texas football recruiting class. The other 20 percent of the Crystal Ball Predictions fall to Stanford.
Meanwhile, Rivals FutureCast and FanFutureCast both give the edge to the Horns to land Majors’ commitment this week. Rivals also put Stanford as the second in line behind the Horns to land the commitment from Majors.
If the 2020 Texas football recruiting class were to add Majors this week, it would be the third commitment overall and the second for the offensive line. That would be good news for head coach Tom Herman and offensive line coach Herb Hand since that is a big area of need for this recruiting class.
If the Horns can land Majors, it would also add some variety to the offensive line haul in this recruiting class. The other 2020 commit along the offensive line is four-star offensive guard Logan Parr. Some of the blow of upcoming turnover over the next year along the offensive line would be cushioned by bringing in Majors.
Moreover, nabbing Majors would give the Horns one of the top 375 ranked 2020 high school prospects in the nation and the No. 40 offensive tackle. Majors is also the No. 45 prospect out of the state of Texas for the 2020 recruiting cycle.
This is a big announcement to follow for Texas fans. Majors could add to a Texas class already ranked in the top 20 in the nation for the 2020 recruiting cycle. It also fills an important positional need and delivers a sizable 6-foot-4 and 280 pound offensive tackle to the Forty Acres.